Suzuki reaction and silyl protection
Répondre à la discussion
Affichage des résultats 1 à 13 sur 13

Suzuki reaction and silyl protection

invite328658a2

Unhappy Suzuki reaction and silyl protection

------

I've been trying to carry a Suzuki rxn out on an aryl bromide and a tbutyldiphenylsilyl- protected phenyl boronic acid but I have read ( Tetrahedron Utters, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 187-190, 1997) that the protecting group would not survive alkalinity of the reaction. The protection on phenolic OH is absolutely necessary and it must also get deprotected afer the Suzuki coupling easily. TBDPS and TOM look auspicious for the deprotection step but I first need to get away with their base sensitivity. Any suggestions?

-----

Fajan

Re : Suzuki reaction and silyl protection

tButyl Ester?

HarleyApril
    Modérateur

Hi
    I suppose Fajan means a pivaloyl ester
    Benzyl ether could be an alternative choice
    Additionnal substitutions with methoxy groups allows additionnal methods of deprotection

Le site étant plutôt francophone, la question est de savoir quel groupe protecteur on peut utiliser qui résisterait aux conditions basiques d'une réaction de Suzuki, les silylés ne seraient pas un bon choix selon la référence citée
    cordialement
    Dernière modification par HarleyApril ; 29/03/2009 à 13h54.

shaddock91

Bonjour.

Es-tu sûr que la protection du phenol est vraiment nécessaire ? J'ai déjà vu des réactions de Suzuki marcher sur des composés du type HO-Ar-B(OR)2 sans protection de la fonction phenol. Reaction classique dans H2O/EtOH ou toluène/Cs2CO3.

5. A voir en vidéo sur Futura
    invite328658a2

Hiya all,
    Well, I might have forgotten to add that the protecting group also needed to be removed EASILY. I tried benzyl but Pd/H2 deprotecting just gives me mess. The reaction is carried out in such a small schale that digging deproted product, if any, was unsussesful.
    So the question still remains the same: what protecting group should be used that is:1- compatible with Suzuki reaction and 2- easily comes off afterwards

invite3c6bdfb9

hi
    the TBDPS on a phenol might survive to Suzuki conditons. But, you dont really need to protect the it to carry the reaction out. As HarleyApril said the benzyl would be a good alternative if you've got a H2-reactor which will give you a very clean product afterward
    bye

invite328658a2

I know it, but I need it protected for the rest of the synthesis.
    thks btw

shaddock91

Citation Envoyé par arom68 Voir le message
    Hiya all,
    Well, I might have forgotten to add that the protecting group also needed to be removed EASILY. I tried benzyl but Pd/H2 deprotecting just gives me mess. The reaction is carried out in such a small schale that digging deproted product, if any, was unsussesful.
    So the question still remains the same: what protecting group should be used that is:1- compatible with Suzuki reaction and 2- easily comes off afterwards
    You have to protect the OH group (I think it's not necessary). However, you can use the 4-MeOBenzyl protective group which is acid sensitive, for the deprotection (no catalytic hydrogenation ---> no mess ?).

invite328658a2

Angry Re : Suzuki reaction and silyl protection

Citation Envoyé par shaddock Voir le message
    You have to protect the OH group (I think it's not necessary). However, you can use the 4-MeOBenzyl protective group which is acid sensitive, for the deprotection (no catalytic hydrogenation ---> no mess ?).
    I KNOW OH protecting is not necessary for Suzuki ITSELF but I NEED IT FOR THE REST OF MY TOTAL SYNTHESIS.
    Acid is also a big no no for me. I have acid hydrolysis problem in my structure

shaddock91

2-nitro benzyl group could be remove by photolysis, is it possible to use that way with your structure?

invite328658a2

Citation Envoyé par shaddock Voir le message
    2-nitro benzyl group could be remove by photolysis, is it possible to use that way with your structure?
    huuum, photolysis doesn't look bad. I gotta look it up.
    thnks

HarleyApril
    Modérateur

résumé des épisodes précédents

arom à besoin d'un groupe protecteur de son phénol pour la suite de sa synthèse, il faut que le groupe tienne aux conditions de Suzuki
    le benzyle et l'hydrogénation n'ont pas donné de bons résultats
    un para-méthoxybenzyle ne convient pas car la molécule ne tiendrait pas aux conditions trop acides
    shaddock propose donc un ortho-nitrobenzyl qui s'en va par photolyse
    Dernière modification par HarleyApril ; 29/03/2009 à 13h57.

HarleyApril
    Modérateur

we have also recently tried allyl with a deprotection by Pd(PPh3)4 and sodium borohydride

if compatible with the rest of your molecule !

Discussions similaires

1. couplage de Suzuki...
    Par inviteee43331e dans le forum Chimie
    Réponses: 6
    Dernier message: 10/05/2009, 15h43
  2. [Divers] cdi 850 gs suzuki
    Par invite4946c98c dans le forum Dépannage
    Réponses: 1
    Dernier message: 03/05/2008, 10h44
  3. Suzuki, Heck, Ullmann
    Par invite178bdf58 dans le forum Chimie
    Réponses: 7